A Syndicate, chaired by the Vice-Chancellor with other members appointed by the Council of the University, remains the governing body for Cambridge Assessment but has delegated its powers to the University’s Press and Assessment Board (PAB) which began operating formally in June 2017. The PAB is responsible for setting overarching strategic direction and agreeing major strategic and investment decisions for both Cambridge Assessment and Cambridge University Press and includes representatives from the Syndicates of both organisations.
- Professor Stephen Toope (Chairman), Vice-Chancellor, University of Cambridge
- Mrs Sherry Coutu CBE, Investor and Independent Non-Executive Director
- Mr Edward Elliott, Head, The Perse School
- Dr David Good, Fellow of King's College, University of Cambridge
- Dr James Keeler, Senior Tutor, Selwyn College, University of Cambridge
- Mr Richard Partington, Senior Tutor, Churchill College, University of Cambridge
- Professor Richard Prager, Head of Cambridge University School of Technology
- Mr Ian Pryce CBE, Principal and Chief Executive, Bedford College
- Mr Peter Williams, Former Finance Director of Daily Mail and General Trust plc.