||Various (Cambridge Assessment)
||14 - 25 May 2018
The Triangle Building, Shaftesbury Road
'Cambridge International Study Programme' (CISP) is a two-week residential course that gives you a complete guide to the processes involved in the design and delivery of valid and robust examinations. The next course will take place from 14 - 25 May 2018 in the historic city of Cambridge.
Specially designed for individuals who work for an educational body or an exams provider outside the UK, CISP explains the key principles of assessment - validity, reliability, impact, and practicality - and looks at all aspects of the work of an awarding body, in national and international contexts.
The course is delivered by expert practitioners from Cambridge Assessment with plenty of time dedicated for networking and sharing of best practice with a diverse group of colleagues from around the world.
See more videos from previous course participants below.
This year's Cambridge International Study Programme has been very popular and booking for 2018 has now closed. If you would like to be added to a list of interested parties for next year's CISP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also be interested in our course for senior education leaders, Leadership in National Assessment, which is taking place in Cambridge from 8–12 October this year.
- Developing examinations - the principles and procedures of test development and the practical implications of objective marking.
- Managing examinations - making assessment accessible to all and dealing with malpractice and appeals.
- Context of examinations - developing public policy and planning, and the role and responsibilities of the awarding body in public examinations.
See previous course programme, to get a feel for the topics and issues you will be discussing during your two weeks in Cambridge.
This course is designed for individuals who work for an educational body or an exams provider outside the UK. The course is suited to professionals in managerial positions and aspiring individuals who need to expand their knowledge in specific areas of assessment in order to progress from an administrative to a more senior role.
Previous course participants have come from a variety of backgrounds including heads of ministries of education, directors and senior managers from awarding bodies, programme and examination officers.
"An excellent course for heads of examination/awarding bodies, policy makers and practitioners. Strongly recommend for colleagues in Pakistan and other countries." Dr Allah Bakhsh Malik, Additional Secretary at Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training, Pakistan.
Due to the interactive and academic nature of the course, you are required to have a high level of proficiency in English.
Places are limited to two per organisation to benefit the sharing of best practice across different regions and areas of expertise.
You can have a look at photographs from our previous courses.
In addition to a comprehensive overview of each stage in the development and delivery of valid examinations, you will:
- Learn from experts from Cambridge Assessment as they draw on their expertise in specific areas of assessment and the rich resources of the organisation.
- Have opportunities to compare and contrast different approaches to assessment and see how you can put them into practice.
- Boost your competence in the more technical aspects of assessment such as e-learning, Scoris, Rasch through hands-on demonstrations.
- Take time to prepare an action plan to improve your professional challenges.
The fee is £4250. This includes tuition, course materials, accommodation, lunch and some evening meals. For more details, see the Terms and Conditions.