A Syndicate, chaired by the Vice-Chancellor with other members appointed by the Council of the University, remains the governing body for Cambridge Assessment but has delegated its powers to the University’s Press and Assessment Board (PAB) which began operating formally in June 2017. The PAB is responsible for setting overarching strategic direction and agreeing major strategic and investment decisions for both Cambridge Assessment and Cambridge University Press and includes representatives from the Syndicates of both organisations.
- Professor Stephen Toope (Chairman), Vice-Chancellor, University of Cambridge
- Mr Edward Elliott, Head, The Perse School
- Professor Richard Prager, Head of Cambridge University School of Technology
- Mr Ian Pryce CBE, Principal and Chief Executive, Bedford College
- Dr Sue Swaffield, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge and Fellow of Wolfson College
- Professor Sarah Worthington QC, Downing Professor of the Laws of England and Fellow of Trinity College