A Starters Checklist should be completed when:
- your previous employer has not yet provided you with a P45,
- you are newly resident in the UK,
- you are starting your first job in the UK since the start of the tax year 6 April,
- you have another sources of income e.g. pension income, UK state benefits,
- you have a UK student loan which you need to repay.
If applicable, please complete the starter checklist and return the form to:
Post: Payroll Office, 1 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB1 2EU
The completion of this form enables the Payroll Team to allocate you with an appropriate tax code, in accordance with UK HM Revenue and Customs guidelines.
If you have a previous employer and you later receive a P45 documenting your earnings history, please send the original P45 to the Payroll Office for processing.