||Various (Cambridge Assessment)
||16 - 20 Sep 2019
The Møller Centre
Churchill College, Storey’s Way
Leadership in National Assessment is a unique senior leadership programme for international education specialists and executives.
This transformative opportunity brings you the chance to hear from a range of acclaimed experts about:
- The role of large-scale assessment organisations and their place in the wider education context
- The influence of evidenced based practice in informing policy
- and frameworks for managing this complexity.
This course is a great overview of the assessment industry around the world – its problems, challenges, trends and future directions. This type of knowledge is fundamental for someone leading a modern and open assessment agency.”
Action learning sets ensure you are able to explore and discuss issues within your own context. The programme is delivered at, and supported by Moller Executive Education, Cambridge University.
Now in its fifth year, Leadership in National Assessment has seen delegates join us from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Pakistan, Nigeria, India, United States, South Africa, Portugal, Indonesia, China, Spain, Bermuda and Oman.
The course is held in central Cambridge from 16-20 September 2019.
Register for 2019
- Assessment, education and society
- Trends in assessment
- International benchmarking
- System disruption and working with the media
- National policy and embedding change
This course is for you if you are a senior leader in an examination board, an academic with an advisory function, a policy maker or a ministry official. If you have responsibilities for the revision, planning and implementation of complex education reforms and systems you'll find the course particularly useful.
The course programme is built around interactive workshops and one-to-one discussions. You must therefore have a good level of English.
- New directions in examining and assessment worldwide.
- The social and political context of assessment and how it affects interactions between officials, policy makers and advisers.
- International benchmarking.
- Strategic solutions to your own challenges.
- Develop learning networks, share knowledge and expertise across a multinational group.
Take a look at last year's course overview.
The course programme is designed around intensive discussion and practical workshops to help you put learning into practice. The lessons will be supported by the use of international comparisons to contextualise theory content.
The programme will include:
- Presentations from guest speakers who are acclaimed experts in their field
- Case studies to contextualise learning
- Small group discussions on specific topics
- 1:1 sessions with Cambridge experts
Cambridge Assessment specialists will lead the course with input from internationally-recognised education and assessment experts. All programme contributors are pragmatic and thoughtful specialists, with direct understanding of the realities of educational reform and development.
For more details on each day, take a look at last year's course programme.
The course fee is £4,250 per person. The fee includes tuition, course materials, accommodation, lunch and some evening meals (see the Terms and Conditions).
Places are limited to enable high quality interaction and a good level of English is an absolute must.
You need to fill in a booking form to register your interest in this course. Bookings are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. We'll confirm your place on the course once full payment has been received.
Register for 2019
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)1223 553846.