||Various (Cambridge Assessment)
||13 - 23 May 2019
The Triangle Building, Shaftesbury Road
"Education plays a crucial role in equipping people with the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes to thrive in their modern and professional lives. (OECD)"
Understanding how assessment of education can support this important goal is critical to get right. While we accept significant change in the world of education, the principles and practice of assessment remain unchanged and fundamental. Learning how to respond to change but with a deepened sense of assessment theory and knowledge underpins the Cambridge International Study Programme (CISP).
The two week, residential programme addresses assessment on several levels:
- You'll revisit the principles and theory behind assessment and look at applying these to the purpose of assessment within your context
- You'll be supported with the tools to form a coherent assessment strategy to support change within your context
- And with ever evolving technological innovation, we'll look at the challenges and opportunities of technology in assessment
The course is delivered by expert practitioners from Cambridge Assessment with plenty of time dedicated for networking and sharing of best practice with a diverse group of colleagues from around the world. You'll also hear from renowned speakers from outside of the organisation. Time is allocated for you to reflect on and develop implementable strategies and practice to take back to your organisation.
Cambridge International Study Programme ran in May 2019, so course bookings have now closed. If you are interested in future courses please contact Cambridge Assessment Network: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme overview and learning outcomes
The principles and practice of assessment design
- Test development design and procedures
- Question writing, mark scheme design and item evaluation
- Standard setting, monitoring and maintaining grading practices
Developing assessment frameworks within your context
- Curriculum and assessment coherence
- Types of assessment, and the challenges of implementing them
- Key stakeholders and stakeholder engagement
The future of assessment
- Computer based testing
- Trends in examining worldwide
- Deepen your knowledge of the principles of assessment design
- Enhance your understanding of the practice of test development and construction
- Acquire new tools and knowledge in the field of e-assessment
- Build an international network of like-minded professionals
- Reflect on your own identity as an assessment professional
- Offer manageable strategies to improve organisational practice
- Compare and contrast best practice internationally
- Capacity building
Who should attend?
This course is designed for professionals working for an educational body or an exams provider outside the UK. The course is suited to those in managerial positions and aspiring individuals who need to expand their knowledge in specific areas of assessment in order to progress from an administrative to a more senior role.
Previous course participants have come from a variety of backgrounds including heads of ministries of education, directors and senior managers from awarding bodies, programme and examination officers.
"An excellent course for heads of examination/awarding bodies, policy makers and practitioners. Strongly recommend for colleagues in Pakistan and other countries." Dr Allah Bakhsh Malik, Additional Secretary at Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training, Pakistan.
Due to the interactive and academic nature of the course, you are required to have a high level of proficiency in English.
How much does it cost?
The fee for 2019 is £4500. This includes tuition, course materials, accommodation, lunch and some evening meals. For more details, see the Terms and Conditions.
For more information about this course, email email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1223 553846.