||Tim Oates CBE, Director of Assessment Research and Development
||11 - 17 Jan 2021
||Free of charge
The Delhi Government school system, following its extensive education reform programme of the last five years, is hosting a week-long education conference online from 11 - 17 January 2021. The conference will bring together educators, policy-makers, and administrators from Delhi, other parts of India, and the world to have a dialogue around what makes an effective and equitable education system. With the hope of building a collective commitment to education in India, so that every child, no matter where he or she lives, is assured high-quality education.
The aim of the conference is to learn from global best practices. Panel sessions will engage with best practices in education from across the world. The themes are inspired from Lucy Crehan’s widely discussed book ‘Cleverlands’, which was named one of The Economist’s books of the year within a week of its release in 2016. The second phase of the conference will facilitate discussion amongst people who played a significant role in shaping the education policies and practices in their respective countries / contexts in order to learn from their experiences as we move forward. Our Director of Assessment Research and Development, Tim Oates CBE, will be a member of the panel on Friday 15 January, discussing the concepts of curriculum design.
- 11 Jan - Report and discussion on Delhi education reforms
- 11 Jan - Keynote Address by Lucy Crehan author of Cleverlands
- 12 Jan - Panel Session 1: Getting children ready for formal learning
- 13 Jan - Panel Session 2: Treat teachers as professionals
- 14 Jan - Panel Session 3: Support children to take on challenge rather than making concessions
- 15 Jan - Panel Session 4: Designing curriculum concepts for mastery and context for motivation
- 16 Jan - Panel Session 5: Combine school with school support
- 17 Jan - Summary of the conference and closing ceremony
The conference is free to attend and you can register on the conference website.