It is important to us that we protect your privacy and any personal data we hold about you. This policy describes the way we use your personal data so that you know how you are affected.
Cambridge will process your personal data where it is necessary to fulfil the requirements of the contract that we have with you. Cambridge will also process your personal data for the purposes described in clause 7 of that contract (Data Protection). Such processing might involve the use of 'sensitive personal data', namely:
- information about your health in order to review your fitness to work;
- information relating to any criminal proceedings in which you are involved for insurance purposes and so that we can comply with our obligations towards third parties;
- information about your performance; and
- information about your suitability to work with vulnerable groups.
We may not be able to enter into a contract with you if do not give us permission to use your 'sensitive personal data' for the purposes outlined above. Permission is taken as given when the terms of the contract, including clause 7, are accepted by you. Please note that you have the right to cancel this permission. You can do this by sending an email to the Data Protection Practitioner email@example.com with your name and showing the purpose (or purposes) for which you no longer want us to use your personal data. Please note that if you cancel or withhold your permission in cases 1, 2, 3 and/or 4 above we may not be able to make proper use of your services.
Rights which you have over your personal data
You have the following rights over personal data which Cambridge holds about you:
- you may access it;
- you may require that it is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- you may require its deletion or removal where there is no compelling reason for Cambridge to continue processing it;
- you may restrict Cambridge’s processing of it if the processing is not valid;
- you may require Cambridge to stop processing it for direct marketing purposes;
- you may obtain and reuse it for your own purposes across other services.
You may have the right to lodge complaints about Cambridge's use of your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country which is responsible for data protection.
Retention of personal data
Cambridge will need to retain your personal data, taking into consideration any requirements we may have to access it in future.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area